Steps to maintaining clean, clear skin.

I've been on a journey to obtain and maintain clean clear skin. I do enjoy the art of makeup and the work that goes into creating the masterpiece.....but sometimes you just wanna be able to SLAY with a clean bare face as well. In Barbados' climate, with all this heat, wearing makeup everyday on oily skin is a no no. So I set out to find my routine for maintaining a flawless canvas without becoming a product junkie in the process.
Sooo lemme introduce to you the dream team!! The three products below have been working pretty well for me. Well for now that is. Cause at one moment things are going well then at another my skin just ignores the product all together.


So first I started out experimenting with facial washes. My skin is combination/oily and not really on the sensitive side. So I wasn't really too weary of trying different brands. Of the few I tried, none really seemed to have a great impact on my minor breakouts. They were industry recommended and I followed the instructions as best as I could relative to usage. It was only until my good friend Cara of Elbethel Pharmacy gave this recommendation and provided me with the product below, that I made the switch.


Garnier describes the SkinActive line on their website as "a range of skin care products developed to simplify skin care and actively make skin look fresh and healthy, no matter your skin type." The scrubs they offer vary by skin type so it was only obvious I chose the oily skin one. It boasts of unclogging and diminishing pores and clearing complexion in just one week after usage and I can't say I refute the claims. After about a week and a half, the breakout subsided. My clogged pores started to diminish and my skin became smoother. It contains 2% salicylic acid, which loosens the skin cells, encouraging exfoliation and dissolving blackheads. Charcoal is also another active ingredient that draws dirt, bacteria and other micro-particles from the surface of the skin to achieve a flawless complexion. You can purchase the entire line right here at Elbethel Pharmacy.

The scrub helped the acne clear up but now to fix the dark spots 
This product worked wonders, but I didn't see the need to be using a scrub every day. I limited usage to every 2 days or so. The hunt for a good cleanser started all over again. Plus I noticed the breakout had left some dark marks that needed to go. So I made a visit to Fashion Box and decided to checkout their selection of skin care products. That's where the two products below were recommended. I've been hearing quite a buzz about both these products and rightfully so.


The Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliating wash became my new bestie. I use it every day and love the feeling of my skin afterwards. Witch Hazel, which is said to be one of skin's best natural remedies, fights acne, nourishes dry skin, reduces puffiness along with a whole other set of benefits you can read up on. The special blend of ingredients deeply clean and refresh the skin leaving it healthier whilst controlling shine. Every oily girl needs that.


The Bio Balance Purifying Skin Care Cream is another popular moisturizer that nourishes skin, clears up color imperfections, diminishes enlarged and clogged pores and erases blackheads and spots. It contains antioxidants good for keeping skin youthful looking and strengthens the skins natural barrier with Vitamin E, Vitmain B3 and other plant extracts. I use this product twice a day, after cleansing with my Simple facial wash and the marks did start to fade.

Excuse the rusty hair and dark under eyes....that was after a pretty long but fun night!
So here goes my skin routine.
  1. First off, I make sure I remove all my makeup with some vitamin E oil and a makeup wipe. ( I know it can be pretty difficult after a night of partying...BUT IT MUST BE DONE!)
  2. Next up, I cleanse with my Simple facial wash and my facial brush, sometimes once, sometimes twice if my makeup was pretty heavy.
  3. Then I moisturize right after with my Bio Balance.
  4. I don't use my scrub daily anymore, just every couple days to remove dead skin cells and even the plane. 
  5. I've started back drinking a lot more water and my meals have been pretty healthy as well. What you put in, most certainly shows on your skin. 


When your skin is flourishing, your makeup look always comes out sooo much better....and you be glowing girl!!! So make sure to put in that effort and take care of your canvas! Tell me what has been working for you guys. What products are really worth the buy? Have you guys had different experiences with the products I've listed? I'm always ready to hear. Leave a comment below.


Loads of Love 
-V

Disclaimer: The information given on this page is my personal experience and review. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. With new products you should always try a small area first to see if any allergic reactions or breakouts occur. If you have any problems, discontinue use immediately. Individual results may vary depending on skin type, sensitivity and skincare history. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments