Natural no more?

Natural hair has become all the rage as of late with queens rocking a variety of styles such as TWAs, twist outs and wash and go's. As much as I am proud to see us embrace our natural hair and let go of the creamy crack, it's a style (lifestyle) that definitely requires a lot of time, maintenance, patience and sometimes products.

My natural hair, though unprocessed by straightener, has been dyed a whole host of colors including blonde, orange, red, brown and purple. All because I was always looking for a change. The once thick and healthy mane with time, became damaged and weak. 

I always wanted to straighten it. I love how sleek and chic it looked. Plus I was tired of breaking numerous combs when it came to detangling and popping off or cutting knots because I was never taught the appropriate way to handle them. But mummy always said no and in a sense I'm glad for it because unbeknownst to me at the time, straightened hair is just as difficult to keep healthy. 

Now that I have a better understanding of hair and what it takes to maintain healthy tresses, I'm able to make my own decisions relative to styles. Sooooo because I'm a lil lazy when it comes to natural hair styling and I was begging for change, I made the leap and straightened my hair!!! 


Nahhhh I'm kidding, I didn't. It's actually a weave. I'm a virgin when it comes to weave so I was terrified thinking how it'd look. My little cousin Regina did the install and it was her first time installing a weave on natural hair and I must say she did an amazing job. I used two packs of Sensationnel Premium Now 100%  Human hair Yaki. I bought a 10" and 12" in color 1B. Below you can see a few pics of the braiding and install process.





After she finished the install, the leave out was pressed so it would blend with the weave. Then she curled and styled. 

This is the hair after one month of wearing it. I would flat iron almost every other day which could be a lil annoying at times (because I always managed to burn myself.....yea I'm not a pro) but to me was worth it. To maintain the curl, I usually just put in a pin curl and would take down after my makeup was done.




I love the change and the fact that I didn't have to pay $500 on Remy to achieve it. Especially when I don't plan to keep it in for that long. Of course it did have its down falls with being cheaper, in that after week three it started to shed. But it still maintains body. 

Anyway I'm ready for the next style. So gimme some suggestions on what I should try next. 

Loads of Love
-V





You Might Also Like

2 comments