Plan every step of the way?


You would not believe how long it took me to wrap my head around this quote and admit its reality. I have never really been one to plan my life out every step of the way but I do have an idea here and there of how I want things to turn out in the long run.  

I've looked at people who have created a life course with every step of that course carefully calculated. For example, by 21 finish university, by 24 land dream job, by 30 be married with child. There are some people who have been super successful at sticking to their plans. There were times when I thought I'd give planning the course a go and I wanted things or saw myself in positions that I believed were optimal. Then something always switched up on me or disappointed me and I was left like " Look at life!". I've felt like a slacker because I was never really so coordinated. Hell, I'm still tryna figure out what my passions are, how to fully develop them and how I can truly reach my full potential. 

But even though in that exact moment where I didn't get what I wanted or plans didn't fall through the way they should have in my mind, somewhere down the line things manage to come to fruition and sometimes even better than I planned or imagined. 

The fact is that things don’t always come to us when we want them to, but sometimes as blessings in disguise. All in all, we can plan every step of the way, but sometimes its when we truly just let go and let each day bring the unexpected, that we truly start living. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments