Face of the Week



Makeup is a skill that I've been working on  perfecting for years. It's an art, which to me, really doesn't have that many rules and allows you to be as creative as you want. I get a lot of questions on what I use for this or that and people always believe it's the most expensive product there is. But what people don't know is, I'm a true frugalista at heart. Yes, I love a good brand and believe in quality but I'm not opposed to trying out a new affordable brand or product either. So ever so often I'm going to share with you either my own makeup or makeup I've done on someone else along with the products used.
I thought the first look I'd share with you, is the "no makeup" makeup. It's a look that as simple as it may seems I'm still working to perfect to achieve absolute flawlessness. Also feel free to send your suggestions as well. This is as much a learning experience for me as it is for you.

Products
Brows:
Spoolie (a must for that natural brow look. See one here)
A cheapie $3 brow pencil from the beauty supply
Dark brown eyeshadow
Angled brush such as this one to brush eye shadow through brows to look even more natural.

Eyes:
Any eye shadow that suits as nude for your skintone
#747M Kara Human hair lashes See them here or you can buy them locally at Beyond Beauty
Duo eyelash adhesive (which I'm really not a fan of at the moment. Review coming soon.)

Face:
Rimmel Stay Matte primer here
Revlon Colorstay foundation in 410 cappuccino for combination/oily here
Maybelline New York Dream Liquid Mousse airbrush finish in cocoa dark 3 here (I mix the 2 foundations to achieve the color I want)
Highlight with L.A. Girl Pro Conceal high def concealer in Fawn GC983
Contour with L.A. girl Pro Conceal high def concealer in Mahogany GC989
Sacha Buttercup Setting powder (for "baking" my concealer". Purchased locally here )
Any dark brown shadow to set the contour
M.A.C Studio Fix  powder in NW45 (to set the rest of my face)
City Color Matte Setting Spray (purchased here )

Lips:
Any color that suits as "nude" for your skin tone

As you can see the face required the majority of the products and work to achieve flawlessness. So much for simplicity huh? Also, notice I tend to use a lot of matte products because I have combination/oily skin and these products keep the grease and shine that often show up after hours of wear, at bay. So use products that work according to your skin type. Don't be afraid to try new products unless you have sensitive skin.

I wish this could have been a video tutorial for you guys so you could grasp everything more efficiently, but I just don't have the right setup yet. Who knows, maybe in the near future. For now I'll share everything as best as I can here. Don't be afraid to send me any queries or tips.

Loads of love
-V

You Might Also Like

3 comments