Curious?

So you may be wondering what the hell is Violet Emporium and why are you here.When I first thought of starting this blog I wondered the same thing.What did I want to use this space for and what did I want the readers, if any, to feel. Wait....hold up!  First of all lemme introduce myself. I mean it'd be rude if I didn't. My name is Vanessa Phillips.  


Lemme explain a lil bit about how I got to this point. I’m a recent graduand from university. As soon as I finished school, the next step naturally to me, was to find a job in my field. But I soon realized after plenty of job applications sent and barely any replies that this process may take longer than I thought. At first I stressed about it, because I was so used to being self-sufficient, having my own money and being able to stand on my own two feet. Plenty time with my thoughts and prayers, helped me to realize that all this frustration and stress I was putting myself through was unnecessary. I wasn’t appreciating the now because I was busy chasing after the future and the success I knew I could have. I decided to slow down, take advantage of all this free time and work on self-development and overall happiness. I tried to start seeing and doing things I hadn’t been able to because I never had the time. I wanted to develop the skills I knew I had and share the outcome along the way. I joined clubs, went to meetings, did events, met people and I can truly say that day by day I’ve been gaining some pretty amazing experiences. I thought to myself, what better way to share the musings of a culturally concocted eclectic than through a lifestyle blog coined VIOLET EMPORIUM. Violet because I fancy all things purple and emporium, the place where you can find a variety thing that embody my being. 


Now I know this won’t be easy. I did plenty research, reviewed many blogs and clearly this requires dedication and effort. It actually makes me nervous. I’m literally thinking “what if I can’t keep up with this” “what if it’s boring” “what if no one cares what I have to say”. But like the adage by R.J. Smith says, nothing beat a failure but a try. Who knows? This could turn out to be something GREAT and that’s definitely what I want in my life. Anyway, enough of this ranting and more about content.

I want my readers to be entertained and feel like they have a space they can learn and share as well. Every day is an opportunity for growth and I want you guys to grow along with me. Expect to see me chat about some of my favorite things which include makeup, fashion, diy projects, music, food and hair. I mean who doesn’t love all those things. I’m also going to share some inspirations and life lessons that got me through some of those especially tough times cause believe me life is not all dandelions and it is never my intention to portray it that way. I’m even contemplating sharing bits of my weight loss journey…as slow as it may be lol. All in all, I want it to be that space for you and me, where I’m not afraid to share or be shared with, teach and be taught, enthuse and entertain. So hopefully, we’re in this thing for the long run. 

Loads of love and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! 
-V


Photos by the talented Brendon Carrington for my 23rd birthday

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Love it!! Keep doing your thing and let me know when your writing next. I'm awaiting more. One of your fans!!
    Rhea

    ReplyDelete
  2. The intro does peak my interest a bit. Hopefully you do keep posting regularly and happy new year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Glad you started your journey. Looking forward to future writings, remember you talked about fashion and make up for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Start V!!!!!

    Can't wait to see the next post!

    Sim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad you all like it so far. Your comments and responses have definitely motivated me. Loads of love and thank you again!

    ReplyDelete