The Secret Behind My Weight Loss!

SOOO for the past few weeks people have been like "V what you taking to lose weight so fast?" I mean 23 pounds in 8 weeks?? Whatever it is, must be amazing right?? I really should share the secret. Well even though the changes my body made, really were amazing, sorry guys....There is no mystery pill responsible for this change. This is all due to pure hard work, sweat and dieting with The Fitness By Doddy program I decided to join with my friend Kris. My weight loss journey started way before the program, but the program basically accelerated fat loss and increased muscle gain. So outside of the program, I lost a total of 38 pounds for the year.




The program is run by fitness professional and model "Doddy" Dodson with the assistance of beautiful fitness trainer Sharon Larrier. You get a meal plan, weekly online coaching and motivation and 3 workout classes a week, one of which is bad ass beach workout. I was super fearful that I wouldn't be able to keep up initially, but this program shows that everybody progresses differently and with some determination you definitely can reach your goals.


The hardest part to me probably was the diet and maintenance with your meal consumption. But staying dedicated to this part of the program is the most important thing. As they say it's what you consume daily that helps to lose the weight. I wouldn't necessarily say I ate a lot of junk regularly before but I definitely had a sweet tooth. I also had a problem (I still kinda suffer sometimes) with eating to time and refueling my body when it needs it and this is vital. I had to cut a lot of sugars out my diet and restrict those cheat meals to once a week, one meal a day. In the beginning it was rough, but eventually it got exciting to be able to treat your body after you worked hard that week. Water, protein powder and CLA supplements became by best friends and I fell into a panic if I forgot  to travel with any of them. Once you made it through the first week cleanse (which is totally necessary) you literally were on your way.

2015 vs now. If this doesn't show fat loss is possible then I dunno what will.

Now the workouts......I really cannot sit here and tell you they were some of the easiest things I've ever done. I still hate burpees UP TO THIS DAY! But week after week I can say I saw my fitness improve. I moved from groaning at 3 or 4 push ups in a row to groaning at maybe 15 or so push ups in a row lollll. I can do jump squats a little better, hold a plank a little longer and run maybe just a lil bit faster and in all honesty that's all that counts. Not trying to do it like everyone else in the class but pushing yourself to be a little better than you were the class before. My class was located at Good Shepherd Primary School and almost every class we got to look forward to the "joy" that was the West Terrace steps. If you don't know em and you want a lil challenging cardio, just go there. There was also the dreaded "take a run down the supermarket and come back"...I am not a runner so the side eye I usually gave was too real, but I survived it. Rain fall or sun shine, we working out.....trust and believe. But yea all jokes aside even though some classes had me "brek" up I enjoyed em thoroughly and felt ready to go again after a lil rest. Every class was a personal victory.


"Doddy" and Sharon were a great team. I can say they always kept you motivated and I loved that. They both have amazinggg bodies and years of personal training behind them and never made you feel uncomfortable for having your extra inches of fat. But they always showed that they were interested in seeing you be better. Anytime I was about to do something I really shouldn't or a craving was too strong, I saw one of their faces in my head and that gave me a quick snap back to reality. I can also say the other people in my class were a great team as well, encouraging each other to get through each task and make it to the final minute of the hour long session.

Yessss that's Doddy! Photo from the Fitness with Doddy Facebook page

And the gorgeous Sharon and myself!! 

So all in all I would say this program is amazing and worth the mention. The results definitely are achievable because my partner Kris also lost a good 20 pounds as well. In closing, Doddy basically shared with us that our bodies are temples and we need to make the decision to live and lead healthy active lifestyles. Not necessarily to try to look like what society has deemed as perfect but to be the best version of yourself that you can. How could you not be motivated by that. I see myself as Queen and this was one of the steps in being the best I can be. #QueenHabits So yea, August, Fitness with Doddy... IM THERE!!!! Hope I see some of you too!

Lemme know if you guys love the #QueenHabits tee


Loads of Love
-V

You Might Also Like

2 comments